Since 1995, Detroit Country Day School has staffed experienced, full-time athletic trainers tending to the needs of a busy, successful, interscholastic athletic program.
Currently, our two full-time Certified Athletic Trainers (ATCs) provide sports medicine services primarily to our Upper and Middle Schools, which consists of 107 active teams. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Injury evaluation
- First aid and primary emergency care
- Rehabilitative exercise prescription
- Preventative stretching programs
- Facilitation of specialized medical care
- Consultation on our programs’ strength and conditioning
- Post-injury/postoperative rehabilitation
- Determining return-to-play eligibility after injury
- Mentoring of students interested in medical professions
Our athletic trainers are dedicated to maintaining the health of the Yellowjacket student athlete through many of the services listed above. We pride ourselves on working closely with the student athlete, parent, coaching staff, medical professional, and faculty in order to effectively provide efficient medical care to our Detroit Country Day School student athletes.
Since 1999, Detroit Country Day School has maintained a partnership with the Henry Ford Health System for support of our athletic trainers, coordination and staffing of our summer pre-participation physicals, assistance with injury prevention and health promotion programs, and facilitation of efficient sports medicine care for our student-athletes. For more information about the Henry Ford sports medicine program, please visit www.henryford.com/sportsmedicine.