Information for International Students
This information is provided for international students and school placement agents. The following questions and answers provide awareness as to the admissions process and requirements for international students.
- Legal guardian contacts the DCDS admissions department.
- Candidate then takes the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE). Candidates can register to take this test at international ISEE centers.
- The candidate and legal guardian complete the forms in the admissions portfolio containing:
- Parent Fact Sheet (completed by legal guardian)
- Candidate Fact Sheet (completed by candidate)
- Legal guardian(s) submits request to candidate's current school for candidate's official school transcript and report card, with translation of teacher comments
- Legal guardian(s) submits request to candidate's current school for letters of recommendation from candidate's English and mathematics teachers
- Principal of the candidate's current school provides letter of recommendation
- Letters from other sources can be provided to demonstrate candidate's talents
- Candidate and legal guardian(s) participate in personal interview once admissions portfolio is complete.
- Detroit Country Day School notifies legal guardian(s) of admissibility
For further clarification on SEVIS, visit the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website.