Wellness Counselors Resources for Parents and Students - updated 5.18.2020
- Bloomfield Counseling Teen Group Therapy on Zoom
- Parent Support Group with Bloomfield Child &Family Counseling: Tuesdays at 7 PM on Zoom
- Stress and COVID-19: A Course for Teens
- Daily Life & Coping
- First Aid For Feelings
- Depression Guidebook for Parents
- Coping Calendar
- Ms. Belke's May Wellness Activities Calendar
- For younger children - Georgie and the Giant Germ coloring book. Our Upper School Wellness Counselor, Ms. Belke, received this resource from her professor in the School of Social Work at the University of Michigan. She (and her son who kid-tested the book) recommends it for other Lower School students and their caregivers.
- All levels: https://www.headspace.com/mi
Our state has developed a specific website with headspace offering free mindfulness tools for anyone. Mindfulness can help with promoting relaxation, reducing stress/anxiety, improving mood, and improved sleep behavior.
- All levels: https://michiganvirtual.org/sel/michigan-cares/
This is a website offering free virtual SEL (social and emotional learning) and mental well-being lessons for students, educators, and caregivers.
- Atlas Co. - App for teens regarding mental health hygiene and offer specific supports related to the current situation and social distancing. It's written specifically for teenagers and offers a variety of journal options, positive self-talk and feeling monitors.
- Ms. Mistry recommended this webinar "Advice on Navigating COVID-19 With Your Kids" by Julie Lythcott-Hames over our spring break. The details were sent in an email. However, if you missed it here is a link to the recording.