Vivid. It's the brightest something can be.
It’s also the name of Detroit Country Day School’s most aspirational project in history.
VIVID, the Campaign for an Extraordinary Detroit Country Day School, is a special fundraising effort to transform DCDS’s educational experience for current and future generations.
The campaign reimagines our teaching spaces and brings a powerful new energy to the way we engage our students from pre-school through graduation in a way that is cohesive, engaging, and vibrant. Every detail of our new facilities will create the finest, most forward-thinking experience for our students while building on over 100 years of tradition.
In fall 2018 we had a ribbon cutting for an extensive renovation and expansion of the Middle School. Our new Lower School is scheduled to open in late fall 2019. The facilities will be bold, spacious and modern, unlocking our ability to inspire students through collaborative, social and self-directed learning opportunities. Additionally, VIVID will deliver new technology, increased security and an expansion of fine arts, physical education, and STEAM activities.
Make a donation or a pledge to support the campaign today!
The VIVID campaign seeks to raise at least $15 million from DCDS families and friends. Please join our loyal community as we strive to offer the single most extraordinary and VIVID school experience.
- What grades will the new campuses house?
- What is the purpose of the VIVID Campaign?
- What is the proposed timeline of the project?
- What are the project costs?
- The 2018-2019 school year will be a transition year, where the Junior School (Village Campus) will house grades K-2, and the Middle School will house grades 3-8. PK3-JK will remain in the Lower School Hamlet.
- Upon full completion grades PK3-4 will reside on the new Lower School Campus (Maple Road Campus).
- Also, upon full completion grades 5-8 will reside on the new Middle School Campus (Hillview Campus).
- The VIVID Capital Campaign is a fundraising effort to support a multi-year, multi-campus project designed to transform the DCDS student experience
- The project includes major renovations to the Middle and Lower Schools
- The Middle School will add 50,000 square feet to the existing three-story, 63,000-square-foot building originally built in 1991
- The overall VIVID Capital Campaign also calls for a reimagining of the Junior and Lower School into a single renovated campus at the Maple Road location in Bloomfield Hills
- The project will also provide more dedicated space for the STEAM program (science, technology, engineering, arts and math), the hands-on Maker's Space learning program and music among other changes
- Additional project highlights include expanded academic classrooms, and specially designed art spaces
- DCDS will invest $33 million to expand classrooms & special subjects' spaces
- The $15 million portion of the $33 million investment will support the Middle School project to significantly update and nearly double the amount of classroom space in the building
- $18 million is required for the Lower School expansion
- A brand new softball field unveiled in the spring of 2018 was also supported by this campaign