The Upper School curriculum offers strong and varied classes that provide numerous opportunities for students to demonstrate their strengths and develop their potential. The comprehensive college-preparatory program, which includes Honors and Advanced Placement courses in each discipline, are designed to actively engage students in the learning process with a foundation that is EPIIC (experiential, participatory, interdisciplinary, image-rich, and connected). This core foundation is also instrumental to our students achieving academic and problem-solving independence and the key to developing ongoing relationships with faculty and peers by the dynamic classroom environment it creates.
AP, IB, and Honors Courses
Students have many options to challenge themselves in areas of interest.
Three Unique Diploma Designations
We offer these diploma designations: International Baccalaureate, Global Scholar, or Conservatory
The current number of clubs offered in the Upper School
There's an adage that kids don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. And developing a caring environment and establishing rapport with our kids is perhaps the most important thing that we do here.
~ Tim Bearden, Upper School Director and Chief Academic Officer
- An enthusiastic student with a high level of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- A well-prepared student with highly developed study skills, one that can adjust to the expectations and rigors of college, career and community
- A perceptive student with an understanding of technology and its applications to each academic discipline
- A global student with an appreciation for different cultures and a respect for individuals
- An ethical student with a strong sense of personal integrity and a willingness to lead
- A healthy student with a commitment to good nutrition and physical fitness
- A well-balanced student by addressing social and emotional wellness