Average Class Size
Small classes allow for individual attention in all curricular subjects.
Average Advisory Size
Advisories provide the personal connection and bonding with a small group of individuals from the Middle School community.
Overnight Interdisciplinary Field Trips
5th grade goes to Space Camp, 7th grade goes to Florida, 8th grade goes to Boston
The strong, supportive, and engaged DCDS community thrives on relationships. Relationships between the student, the teacher, and the student's family are essential to creating a partnership. The more engagement we can have with each of the constituents, the better we can educate our students.
~ Michael Jenkins, Middle School Director
- A love of learning in a challenging, supportive environment
- Creative, responsible and independent thinkers
- Problem solving skills through human centered learning
- Greater individual responsibility, social and moral awareness
- A respect and appreciation for people of all backgrounds
- A strong academic foundation that includes the fine and performing arts in preparation for the Upper School curriculum
- A sense of well being through physical education, health awareness and competitive athletics
- A well-rounded and conscientious individual developed through programs and experiences outside the classroom