Junior School Academics
At Detroit Country Day Junior School, caring and knowledgeable teachers who are experts at keeping students excited about learning will guide your child on that path. The nurturing that begins at Detroit Country Day Lower School continues, tailored to the children's maturity level. Students explore the process of experimentation, begin testing the laws of nature, delve deeper into language and mathematics, and further expand their creative minds.
As you would expect from a top private elementary school, Detroit Country Day Junior School students discover more than the sum of their academic experience. They discover confidence, personal responsibility and an increased independence. They discover within themselves a more capable and inquisitive young person than they ever imagined.
The goals of the Detroit Country Day Junior School are to develop:
- Independence, accountability and leadership ability in the pre-adolescent child
- A sense of responsibility and self-discipline, respect for others, and pride in oneself and one's accomplishments
- The basic skills introduced in the Detroit Country Day Lower School, challenging each individual student to reach his/her potential
- Further knowledge through a variety of extracurricular after-school activities
- An enthusiasm and a love for learning
- A path toward life-long learning
- A well-rounded, productive citizen who can meet the challenges of an ever-changing society
- A well-adjusted child by providing opportunities for intellectual, social, psychological, and physical growth